Cover illustration for Blackfin Sky by the marvelous Kat Ellis. I’m honored to be picked by the author and the wonderful folks at Firefly Press to illustrate the cover of their first Young Adult book.
Definitely check it out, it’s a great book!
11 Untranslatable Words From Other Cultures
Follow the link for the source
The entire reason Emma is French in Shades of Earth was to give her an excuse to use the word “depaysement.”
Jensen´s reaction is priceless (◡‿◡✿)
Great scene, and based on an actual historical incident in medieval Germany:
When King Conrad III defeated the Duke of Welf (in the year 1140) and placed Weinsberg under siege, the wives of the besieged castle negotiated a surrender which granted them the right to leave with whatever they could carry on their shoulders. The king allowed them that much. Leaving everything else aside, each woman took her own husband on her shoulders and carried him out. When the king’s people saw what was happening, many of them said that that was not what had been meant and wanted to put a stop to it. But the king laughed and accepted the women’s clever trick. “A king” he said, “should always stand by his word.”
Medieval women were BAMFs.
This was always one of my favourite movie scenes as a child (if that’s not telling about how I grew up, I don’t know what is) but the fact that it actually happened makes it 100x better.
The Most Beautiful Trees in the World
- Portland Japanese Garden, Portland, Oregon. Photo by unknown.
- Red maples trees path. Photo by Ildiko Neer.
- Most beautiful wisteria tree in the world. Photo by Brian Young.
- Yellow autumn in Central Park, New York. Photo by Christopher Schoenbohm.
- Amazing Angel Oak Tree, Charlston, Photo by Mark Requidan.
- Cherry blossom tree path, Germany. Photo by Shoeven.
- California in autumn. Photo by Mizzy Pacheco.
- Jacaranda trees in bloom, South Africa. Photo by Falke.
- Ponthus beech tree in Brocéliande forest, France. Photo by Christophe Kiciak.
- Beautiful cherry blossom road. Photo by unknown.
ive never identified with an animal so closely before
Narwhals, narwhals, swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion,
BECAUSE THEY ARE SO AWESOME